Saturday, December 10, 2011

On a world that is upside down

Uni-verse 267/10,000 For better through verse I Samuel 2 v 30
1Sa 2:30 Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

When we honor God, He honors us though we are not deserving of such honor. When we serve God, He esteems us. We are precious in His eyes. To give the Lord first place in our lives is to honor Him. To bear faithful witness to what He has wrought in our lives is to serve Him.

Yesterday, I participated as a guest in an unique event- where a young pastor who is also a gospel music radio jockey was suspended upside down in the air for nearly 30 minutes even as He interviewed me on my testimony and changed music for two radio channels that are listened to globally. He accomplished an India record and a Guiness record in doing so. We all rushed to congratulate him and pose for photographs with him. Later, the Lord Jesus in a time of prayer confirmed that He honors those who honor him. He said, “ The program was excellent as many people prayed for it.”

In my interview, I said that much of the world was like the radio jockey living upside down with topsy- turvy values. When we give priority to the world, we are dishonoring God and His Word. When we give priority to the Lord and His Word in our daily schedule, we are honoring Him. To be esteemed by men is a much sought after goal of many persons. But, to be esteemed by the Lord Himself is far better. We will strive to do what is uppermost in the mind and heart of the Lord. Our house will be a “sure house”, meaning that people would live full, fruitful and purposeful lives, that the legacy of faith and the covenant of peace will pass like a baton in a relay race from generation to generation.


Prateep V Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment