Tuesday, January 10, 2012

blessings on our homes

Uni-verse 293/10,000 The blessings upon our home


Isa 32:18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

When we believe the promise of God Immanuel to dwell with us and in us, He causes us to dwell in peaceful surroundings. Our homes shall be overflowing with peace. We will find assurance and security in the houses in which we live. He will be a protective wall of fire around us and the glory in our midst. He will give us rest and refreshment.

A home that is founded on the rock of faith in Christ will not be threatened even by the elements of nature. Once in a cyclone called Nisha, the Lord woke me up when the storm was at its height. I went to a area where the rains and winds were lashing the walls and tearing off tiles. God told me to speak to the winds and I prayed even so. The damage was limited to only a few broken tiles in an outer room.

Even when the city is laid low by so-called acts of God or of nature like earthquakes tsunamis and so on, the Lord will remain faithful to His promise to protect and preserve the homes and houses of His children. When storms are raging around us, we need not be alarmed but like Jesus sleep on and wake up to say to the winds and rains, “ Peace, be still.”

Prateep V Philip

2 comments:

  1. I read this passage that you have shared with us all, today. A good
    thought. A real good one indeed. How very true that God protects His
    children wherever they are and in whatever situations they go through. He
    is true to His Word / His promise and it is for us to claim them.

    It truly felt good reading the thoughts that you share and so wanted you to
    know that God is using you as an encourgement to others.

    May His name be glorified and may He use you more and more for His glory.

    Blessed be His name. And have a wonderful day ahead filled God's
    blessings.

    Warm Regards

    Samuel G Abraham

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my child leaves in a car, I pray and ask for an angel of God to take seat beside him.
    When my child leaves for a far away place, I pray that an angel of God sit by his side at work, walk by his side on his way home and stand guard by his bedside.
    And before I sleep I pray for an angel of God to stand guard in my home, my children's homes, the homes of my loved ones - no earthquake, no storm, no intruder is allowed to cause havoc.
    When I prayed, I sensed that this year will have terrible storms, fires and upheavals. But He will keep us all safe.
    And when we leave finally, it will be in peace.
    Swapna Mathew

    ReplyDelete