Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Bread of Life

UV 857/10,000 The Bread of Life Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die A couple of days ago, I was expecting to travel in the evening and since I would be tired, I had not planned to attend the Sunday service and communion in the church that was located just opposite to the guesthouse where I was staying. But the Lord said, “ I am your administrator. I have inspected your program and direct you to attend the communion as it is the first day of the month. “ He said, “ Eat the bread of life on the first day of the month as you will have victory the whole month as you commune with me and live forever.” Jesus is the loaf of bread that rolled down from heaven and hit the enemy’s camp to give us eternal victory. The Lord reminded me of how as a child, my mother gave of her sweat and tears to prepare delicious food and pack it in a carrier for my lunch. Similarly, the Lord had given of His blood, sweat and tears to prepare the communion meal for us. We should imbibe it to our bodies, honouring the memory of what Christ did for us on the cross. Then, the bread will bring strength to our bones, the Blood will bring healing to our blood and organs and blessing to our whole being. The bread is from heaven and is a symbol of the broken body of Jesus. The Jewish ancestors ate the manna from heaven and perished but those who eat the new manna provided in the broken body of Jesus will live forever. These are spiritual victuals prepared as a meal of blessing for us. The Communion will revitalize us, energize us and bring us inner cleansing and victory. When we repent at the table of the Lord, our pent up feelings of anger or resentment or fear will disappear. We will receive holistic strength and healing as we participate in this sacrament remembering with gratitude the sacrifice of the Lord. Prateep V Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment