Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Relish What Nourishes US

UV 3185/10000 Relish what Nourishes Us
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119 v 103

It is said that bad experiences make human beings either better or bitter. The Word of God has the power to turn what is bitter in our lives into what is better and sweet. Sugar coated medicine usually tastes sweet in the mouth but bitter in the mouth. But the Word may sometimes taste bitter in the mouth especially when we are rebuked, corrected by the Spirit of God but it turns sweet in our inner being and proves to be for the health of our entire being. If we relish the Word of God, it will nourish us and we will flourish. For the Word taken as a whole is the vision of God rolled into one that we should take and eat daily.
The Word says, “Taste and see that I am good.” God told Moses that His name is “I Am who I Am.” In short, He said His name is “I AM.” In one sense, it means God is self-existent, not created Supreme Being. With the words “I Am” , every superlative adjective of our languages can be added to describe Him. We are invited to experience or taste these supernatural and superlative qualities of the Lord Jesus. As we relish the Word another metaphor that John uses to describe Jesus, we experience goodness, wonders, miracles, breakthroughs, victories without number.
Doctors have found that meditation on the word of God strengthens our frame, our very bones and internal organs.The Word lubricates our spiritual "dry bones." It brings healing and deliverance. Even in traumatic experinces, near death experiences, the Word has healed people of the terrible memories as it happened with me in the world’s first human bomb assassination of a former Prime Minister Mr Rajiv Gandhi. When I was recuperating from extensive burns, splinter wounds, fractures and PTSD, the Word acted as a Balm of Gilead to strengthen me physically, mentally, socially, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. When I read about Caleb who at the age of eighty was a doughty warrior with the strength which he had at forty, I claimed the same enablement or anointing. The Word gives us knowledge of the kind of miracles the Lord has in store for us and His storehouse, the Word tells us, is inexhaustible.

No comments:

Post a Comment