Thursday, May 24, 2012

The secret of blessedness

UV 415/10,000 The secret of blessedness Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger. Those who think they are the mighty of the earth, do not seek the Lord as they feel they are self-sufficient and self-reliant. Their pride and wickedness keep them from seeking the Lord or His mercy. They do not realize that regardless of their exalted position or power the Lord in His righteous judgement can crush them as a man would crush an ant under his heel. It is only the meek or humble who seek the Lord. We must first seek His mercy since the best of us cannot match His absolute standards of holiness and goodness. Thereafter, we must seek to be righteous like Him by His grace or divine enablement. Then,we must seek to further humble ourselves as the Lord teaches us new things. When we do this, we will find the Lord’s favour or blessing and we will be saved or hidden from His anger and judgement. We should not seek to be rich or famous or glamourous for there is a deep sorrow or curse hidden in each of these : instead, seek to be blessed. Led by the Holy Spirit I recently composed the following poem or song to express the secret of blessedness. Blessed is my heart as I believed Jesus, Blessed is my head as I thought His thoughts,\ Blessed is my mind as I understand His Word, Blessed are my limbs as I walk with Him. Blessed are my lips as I praise the Lord, Blessed are my hands as I work for Him, Blessed are my feelings as I feel for Him, Blessed are my memories as I remember His deeds Blessed are my decisions as I acknowledge the Lord, Blessed are my words as I try to please Him, Blessed are my hopes as I trust in Him, Blessed are my motives as I move in Him. Blessed are my people as I pray for them Blessed is my home as I worship Him Blessed is my profession as I confess Him Blessed is my life as I obey Him. Prateep V Philip

1 comment:

  1. Excellent msg Bro Prateep. I do agree with you 100%.Nicholas Rocha

    ReplyDelete