Tuesday, August 10, 2021

I AM...

UV 4201/10000 I AM…. “Behold, I am with you and will keep (careful watch over you and guard) you wherever you may go, and I will bring you back to this ( promised) land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28 v 15 The Lord God is with us, consistently and continually, all through our lives. He is with us wherever we go. He promised Jacob that he would bring him back to Canaan, the land promised to his grandfather Abraham and all his descendants. Through many experiences, Jacob finally did return to the promised land. We, contemporary believers and inheritors of the Abrahamic covenant through the promise secured and guaranteed by Jesus, are not living in a promised land but in a land of promises. The promises of the Lord mark the landmarks of our lives. He promises never to leave us until He has done all that He has promised us. It is a promise that lasts our entire lifetime and beyond into eternity. He is with us, in us, for us. The Lord is with us as El Shaddai- He manifests His power on our behalf to defend and protect us, to rescue us from enemies and deliver us from threats. He is with us as Je-ho-vah Rapha or I AM Your Healer to heal us of disease and ill health. He is with us as Je-ho-vah Shalom, I AM your Peace and Well Being. He is with us as I Am Victory for He makes us successful and triumphant in all our trials. He is with us as I AM righteousness, for He is the one who credits righteousness to us by grace. He is with us a I AM Your Provider or Jireh and provides abundantly for our needs. He has made specific and personal promises to us in all these spheres and more- protection, healing, victory, righteousness, provision. Those of our race who live by faith and have tasted of His grace do not feel obliged to praise Him as a chore or duty but as a grateful offering. For He is the source of our lives and of our eternal or abundant lives. We feed on His every word to meet our every need- physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual. While the devil wants only to damn us, the Lord wants to release the unlimited dam of His grace and blessings upon us. Hence, we need to cling to Him as if to dear life, every moment, every situation, every circumstance and in every aspect of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment